This is a really simple project to do with the kiddos this 4th of July weekend!
3-4 toilet paper rolls (or paper towel rolls cut in 1/2)
1) Gather materials & prep surface. I used brown bags & leftover cardboard spread on the table to avoid getting paint on the table.
2) Cut slices in toilet paper/paper towel rolls on one end. These can vary but should be at least 3″. If they are different widths/lengths, that’s ok! The variety is better to make them look like “real” fireworks.
3) Put paint on paper plates – we used red, white, dark blue and light blue.
4) Take toilet paper/paper towel roll and push down into paint on paper plate, turning enough to get paint on the cut edges.
5) Press down toilet paper/paper towel roll that has paint on it onto the construction paper! Pressing lighter will give lighter fireworks, press harder and the fireworks will be “bigger”.